Kernel Devroom @ FOSDEM 24 #
We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation (CfP) for the FOSDEM 2024 Kernel Devroom.
FOSDEM 2024 will be over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of February in Brussels, Belgium. FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organised by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
- Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organisers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
The Kernel Devroom will be running an all day, exact day and time will be clarified in the near future..
We’re looking for talk or demo proposals in one of the following 4 sizes:
- 10 minutes (e.g., a short demo)
- 20 minutes (e.g., a project update)
- 30 minutes (e.g., introduction to a new technology or a deep dive on a complex feature)
- 40 minutes (e.g., a deep dive on a complex feature)
In all cases, please allow for at least 5 minutes of questions (10min preferred for the 30min slots). In general, shorter content will be more likely to get approved as we want to cover a wide range of topics.
Proposals should be sent through the FOSDEM scheduling system at: https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/cfp
Please select the “Kernel” as the track and ensure you include the following information when submitting a proposal:
|Person||Name(s)||Your first, last and public names.|
|Person||Abstract||A short bio.|
|Person||Photo||Please provide a photo.|
|Event||Event Title||This is the title of your talk - please be descriptive to encourage attendance.|
|Event||Abstract||Short abstract of one or two paragraphs.|
|Event||Duration||Please indicate the length of your talk; 10 min, 20 min, 30, or 40 min|
The CfP deadline is Sunday, 10 December 2023.
The Kernel Devroom aims to cover a wide range of different topics so don’t be shy. The following list should just serve as an inspiration:
- Filesystems and Storage
- System Boot
- Rust in the Linux Kernel
Code of Conduct #
We’d like to remind all speakers and attendees that all of the presentations and discussions in our devroom are held under the guidelines set in the FOSDEM Code of Conduct and we expect attendees, speakers, and volunteers to follow the CoC at all times.
If you submit a proposal and it is accepted, you will be required to confirm that you accept the FOSDEM CoC. If you have any questions about the CoC or wish to have one of the devroom organizers review your presentation slides or any other content for CoC compliance, please email us and we will do our best to assist you.