Image-Based Linux and Secure/Measured Boot Devroom @ FOSDEM 23 #
The UAPI group, a community for people with an interest in innovating how we build, deploy, run, and update modern security-focused Linux operating systems, will host a devroom at FOSDEM 2023. A “devroom” (a FOSDEM term) is a co-located mini-conference with its own separate track.
FOSDEM is an annual free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate. It took place on February 4 and 5 at the ULB Solbosch Campus in Brussels, Belgium. Learn more at https://fosdem.org/2023/.
Talks and recordings
Please find talk abstracts, slide decks, and recordings at the FOSDEM pages referenced below.
- Devroom kick-off talk: UKI? DDI?? Oh my!!! Luca Boccassi Introducing and decoding image-based Linux terminology and concepts
- DM-Verity Rootfs Protection Frank Rehberger Blockwise Hashtree
- Image-Based Linux and TPMs Lennart Poettering Measured Boot, Protecting Secrets and you
- Building initrds in a new way Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
- Ultrablue Gabriel Kerneis User-friendly Lightweight TPM Remote Attestation over Bluetooth
- Converging image and package based OS updates Ludwig Nussel
- Ubuntu Core: a technical overview Valentin David
- openSUSE MicroOS design Ignaz Forster A functional read-only OS in an imperfect world
- MachineOS: a Trusted, SecureBoot Image-based Container OS Ryan Harper